Covid-19 & Your Store
In these difficult times, it’s important to protect the health of your staff and customers within your store. Towards this goal, we have developed this list of suggestions on actions you can take to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
There are other things you can do as well. If you have a great suggestions, please let the A.C.C. know by commenting on this page. We hope this list will continue to evolve with the best practices possible.
Stay safe everyone.
- Limit payment to credit/debit cards. No cash.
- If accepting cash, ensure you have a cash handling policy.
- Suggest tap over chip-and-pin whenever possible.
- Install plexiglass at tills where possible.
- Remove any interactive displays.
- Put markers on the floor at 6’ intervals to space out a line at the tills.
- Encourage pre-order on websites, with payment in-store, to reduce the time customers are in-store. Contact AGLC for their direction on how to do this.
- Wipe down debit machine, door handles, and counter with anti-bacterial cleaner after every customer.
- Limit the number of people in the store at any time.
- Ask customers about illness, symptoms, and recent travel before giving access to the store.
- have masks and gloves available for team members to wear if they prefer.
- reduce retail hours to reduce pressure on staff teams.
- hire extra staff to support staff who get sick, need to self isolate, or need to care for family at home.
- have disinfected stylus’ available for customers to use on pin pans and staff on their POS terminals.
- communicate regularly with your staff to ensure their physical and mental health.
- place AB and Federal COVID-19 information sheets on all doors
- Hold training sessions for your staff on hand washing, cleaning of the store, and security procedures to ensure a healthy environment.
- Hourly wipe-down protocols to sanitize your high traffic & often touched areas.
- Avoid ever having only 1 staff in the store at a time; risks of break-ins are likely to rise.